Thursday 29 March 2018

Minis: Commando Joe and Paws

Thought for the Day: Against the traitor, the rebel and the alien, there is no fair way to fight. Harry them, hunt them, hang them.
I must confess that Death World Forest is my new favourite colour. It's got a wonderfully militaristic tone about it. Commando Joe (from the Year Two Collection) is largely inspired by what I vaguely remember of Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man. I left the hair basecoated white and used Dark Flesh on the skin. Having used a bright purple on a few models, I went with Daemonette Hide as it's that bit darker and duller. There's an arrogance to his pose that I really liked.
Paws (from the Year Three Collection) is intended as his robotic companion, some manner of jungle fighting bot. Some light silver drybrushing was needed to counteract the dull scheme. I'm not convinced it worked but he's going into action regardless.

Again, they're a nice scenario element. I've got a few more bits to paint for pleasure before I have the time to start focusing on squads.

No comments:

Post a Comment