Wednesday 2 May 2018

Minis: Commissar Kaine

As I try to impress on the young whelps in my charge these days, it isn't the scarlet sash and the fancy hat that makes you a commissar, it's the way you wear them. - Commissar Ciaphas Cain.

This chap was actually painted back in the beginning of the project but managed to duck out of his photoshoot until now. You can't really have an Imperial Guard force without a Commissar. Well, I suppose you can but they're less combat-effective (even if a lot happier). Traditionally to be found dressed in black or red, I went a different path with this chap. Having spent too much time with the Mordian Iron Guard, he's taken to wearing his dressiest dress uniform, all day, every day. It's a tasteful Celestra Grey with Evil Sunz Scarlet trim.

He's taken from the Ion Age Cold Climes platoon pack. I must say that I really really like the final product. The colour scheme, the pose, a battered copy of the Imperial Creed in one hand and oversized plasma pistol in the other. Just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment